Sunday, May 2, 2010

Non-Denomination Churches


I planned to go to church this morning. I woke up at 7, got dressed in my "Sunday best" and walked out the door. I was going to try out this non-denominational church that is located literally next door to my townhouse called: One God Ministry. Their website said mass was from 8-8:45, but when I walked up to the doors, I noticed nobody was walking in and it seemed very dark inside. After I found out the doors were locked I read the sign that said mass was from 11-12:30! Ugh! I was so bummed because not only did I genuinely want to experience this church, but I was all dressed up! If it were for all the finals I have to study for today and this week, I would have waited around and gone to mass at 11, but I planned on studying by 9:45. However, this little miscommunication has not deterred me from trying this church again next week. It appeals to me for many reasons.

This non-denominational church believes in responding to God's call to unite all people, all churches and all communities together to proclaim the word of the Lord. They believe in spiritual enrichment for all people. They believe in one Lord, one Bible, one Faith and one baptism for all people. Followers of this religion will be saved by the Lord if they believe in him. You must believe in the Ten Commandments and what the Bible says to receive salvation.

Their church leaders, priests, or any form of hierarchy are anointed to preach the Gospel. This church believes in marriage between men and women. They believe man was created by God. You are welcomed to this church regardless of your nationality, gender, age, color, language, and other forms of diversity. They believe they are one human race created to serve one God.

It's somewhat crazy that in only one week, after a lot of research on other religions, I think I may have found one (a non-denominational church) that actually really appeals to what I am looking for: a solid, true belief in God and Jesus Christ as a higher power, but a church that is also based around be excepting and loving of all individuals regardless of where you come from.

No comments:

Post a Comment